I want to teach you how to make a common Burmese condiment. It complements curries well and I think you'll enjoy the taste. It's immensely simple to make and takes about 5 minutes.
- Shallots (or a small red onion)
- ~3 tbsp. squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- ~1 green/red chili
- Slice the shallots thinly, and longitudinally. Place them in a condiment bowl.
- Add about 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. sugar, and 1-2 diced green/red chillies.
- Squeeze about 2-3 tbsp. lemon juice.
- Mix well.
Shallot A-chin is enunciated like how you think it sounds. Enjoy the a-chin with curries. It's superb with Danpout and complements the flavors of Beef Curry (Burmese Style). Let me know what you think. Email me.